Saturday 23 November 2019

Character and Narrative: Study Task 2 - Improvements

Character and Narrative
Study Task 2 Improvements

  • In order to improve my work done for Study Task 2, which was the lip-sync animation in After Effects, I decided to spend more work animating a character in TVPaint and then added the lip-sync in After-Effects, if the frames/sounds repeated.
  • I used the same Dope Sheet, however, changed the appearance of the mouth shapes, with some of the frames are 1.5 and 2.5 etc. as in-betweens of the mouth shapes.
    • In addition to this, I changed the characters' design slightly, with the red eye and metal enhancement around the eye, just as a small homage to the source of the sound clip, from  Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968). 
  • One improvement I could make, would be to temove the additional head bounce when he says "anything," as it's a little bit too expressive for the voice speaking. I found it difficult to add expression to a very flat voice, so the first part of the lipsync works well, but I would remove the head bounce next time.
Here is the first lipsync




Here is the improved one:



No comments:

Post a Comment