Thursday 7 November 2019

Character and Narrative: Background Development

Character and Narrative
Background Development

  • This week, as part of our production work, we decided to fully finalise the backgrounds, before starting any animation work. Based upon the research we had done before on background design, we decided on a final aesthetic, where I would be lining the backgrounds. This would then be passed onto Mark and Rachel, who would be colouring the backgrounds, to make the process quicker and easier, dividing the work between us.
  • I think that I was able to use Afnans' 3D renders of the backgrounds effectively, whilst adding additional detail to the line work. I think that I could improve my lining process by practising better technique, using my whole arm instead of my wrist. This would allow for smoother and more confident lines.
  • Here are two examples and a link to the folder with my lined backgrounds in:




Here is the link to the folder: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mQ8vjN5IzQ8Rx8V9qynDFB_1uSQU3Sod


No comments:

Post a Comment