Thursday 7 November 2019

Context of Practise 2: Study Task 7

Context of Practise 2
Study Task 7 - Developing a Rationale

  • So far I have created a series of concepts for my practical ideas, based upon the research I have done into exploring creating atmosphere through use of aesthetic. Most of the research I have conducted has been primary source, through playing 2D and 2.5D video games in order to analyse and understand their visual aesthetic. I made notes when playing Hollow Knight, and triangulated this information with the book, 'Animation in Context' by Mark Collington, which explains the use of semiotics in animation and the moods it can illustrate and my own visual response.
  • The notes are here:



  • I will continue this type of analysis for my essay, cross-comparing the three games I had chosen as case studies. I would like to additionally create a plan for developing and comparing sources, to make the essay writing process easier.
  • Using the template provided, I created a small plan with how I shall further research my project:


No comments:

Post a Comment