Monday 4 November 2019

Context of Practise 2: Study Task 6

Context of Practise 2
Study Task 6 - Planning a Practical

  • I initially struggled to generate ideas for my practical work, relating to my research question. However, once I had a brief narrative planned and experimented with characters, I found that I was able to explore both my research and practical ideas more fluidly. 
  • Here is a document of my planned proposal for the practical outcome:



  • Based on the initial research I had done for the essay, I was able to develop a series of character designs and some environments I could possibly develop for my cinemagraph idea. Here are some of the initial starting ideas I produced:

  • I decided to base my character designs on the simple style used for the characters in Hollow Knight. The solid line style, use of colour, contrast and the simplicity of emotions would fit well amongst a busy, detailed environment. Blogger, Dimas, T. states that, "Visual beauty is even more beautiful if it serves the story you're telling," which fits the premises of my ideas and exploration in this module.




No comments:

Post a Comment