Tuesday 12 November 2019

Context of Practise 2: Sentient Enemies

Context of Practise 2
Sentient Enemies

  • Following the seminar on Sentient beings and my research playing Ori and the Blind Forest and Hollow Knight, I found that a lot of the enemies in the game are either much larger in scale compared to the protagonist, or have some form of sentience among the environments of the world. Therefore, I decided to create some concepts for enemies which could be found in the world, based upon this idea.

I then took several enemies and coloured them digitally, using Hollow Knight and Ori and the Blind Forest as reference. The sections of the game I analysed are here:

Kuro at the top of the Ginso Tree (Ori and the Blind Forest):
 
 https://oriandtheblindforest.fandom.com/wiki/Kuro?file=GinsoTreeKuro.png

The Green Beast, located in The Queens Gardens (Hollow Knight):

https://hollowknight.fandom.com/wiki/Queen%27s_Gardens?file=Screenshot_HK_Queen%27s_Gardens_07.png

My coloured enemy designs:

No comments:

Post a Comment