Saturday 2 November 2019

Character and Narrative: Study Task 2 - Lip Sync Test

Character and Narrative
Study Task 2 - Animated Lip Sync

  • This week we were task to produce a simple lip sync animation using Adobe After Effects to a chosen one of the provided clips. In class, I produced the lip-sync with the provided Phoneme mouth, as a test and then once I had gotten the hang of the idea, I produced my own mouth and character for the audio. I decided to try and use as minimum as possible frames and mouth shapes, reusing some shapes for L sounds, for also N sounds. This made it easier to edit to understand how the software worked. 
  • It additionally tested my timing, as I don't usually produce animation with limited frames.
  • Here are my notes and the Dope sheet I filled;

























Dope Sheet

  • I decided to use the time remapping feature I had learnt to try and add some movement to the character, again, with limited frames. I tried to make the emotions match the audio clip, however it was difficult to tell exactly what was implied and I left this to interpretation.
  • Overall, the lip sync could be a lot smoother and I think that some of the frames I used for the mouth doesn't work for every sound. I will make note of this in the future when I do lip syncs.

Here is the final clip:




No comments:

Post a Comment