Saturday 2 November 2019

Character and Narrative: Storytelling through Sound

Character and Narrative
Storytelling through Sound

  • After completing the animatic, the seminar on storytelling through sound was particularly helpful in helping me improve the non-diegetic track which is playing over our animation. Despite this, I thought that I'd done well with creating more of an ambient track, which doesn't drown out the sound effects applied on top. I used the Ukulele, bongos, marimba and further percussion as part of the track to reflect the tropical landscape which Teddy lives.
  • The soundtrack could be greatly improved and when I showed this to the group they suggested removing some of the percussion and adding more unnatural audio to the sound effects, which Afnan will be editing.

The soundtrack work in progress can be heard here: 


No comments:

Post a Comment