Thursday 21 November 2019

Character and Narrative: More Keyframes and Animated VFX

Character and Narrative
More Keyframes and Animated VFX

  • This week: 
    • I worked on trying to get the keyframes done for more scenes, so that Afnan can continue inbetweening them. I also did come test drawings in my sketchbook, for one of the scenes I was going to key-frame next.
  • What went well: 
    • I found that I was getting better at keeping consistent with the style for Teddy and the smoothness of the linework. When working on Scene 6.5, I had a look at Elemental Magic, Volume II: The Technique of Special Effects Animation by Joseph Gilland, to understand how fire can be animated with 2D techniques. I also looked at a series of references, such as the scene in The Lion King, where the final battle takes place and the land is in flames. I also looked at YouTube tutorials on animating explosions and bursts of fire. These all helped me to try to understand 2D VFX.





  • What could be better: 
    • I need to improve on my timing a little bit, especially with just teaching myself the VFX side of animation. Some parts could have been a bit slower, to allow the viewer to exaggerate the effects more.
  • Next week: 
    • I will be continuing finishing key-framing my final scene, then start the colouring process.


No comments:

Post a Comment