Monday 16 March 2020

Applied Animation: Documentary - Environments and Style

Applied Animation
Exploring Environments and Style

  • This week:
    • I explored more possible ideas for environments, which could be taken further in the documentary. In addition to this, I looked at some silhouette style ideas.
  • What went well:
    • Using references from locations in Denmark, Sweden and Norway, I was able to explore some initial environment concepts. These were quite detailed and I looked at a variety of colour ideas and locations.
    • I found that I liked the darker tones used for Hels' castle and the Settled Snow for Fenrir, however this may need to be further explored in terms of style.
Initial Cliff-Side Roughs

Cliff-Side Colour Ideas:
 Further Concepts for Hel and Fenrirs' locations
  • What Could be Improved:
    • When I showed these concepts to my group, we felt that the backgrounds needed to be further simplified and would fit better with the "comic" and "Disney" style we wanted to lean more towards. This would also allow for the characters to stand out more, against a softer-looking background. As Joseph will be finalising the backgrounds, this is something he will be exploring.
  • Next week:
    • I will be finalising character designs.


No comments:

Post a Comment