Friday 27 March 2020

Professional Practise 2: Competitions - 11 Second Club

Professional Practise 2
11 Second Club Competition

  • This month, along with the Character Design Challenge, I wanted to try doing the 11 Second Club Competition, as I had a little bit of time to animate something. I decided to give myself a limit of three days to work on this, as I have a tendency to become too much of a perfectionist and want to keep working on something. This forced me to explore timing and focus more on the animation than the look of the character. Overall, despite being a competition, it was fun practise!
  • This months' audio clip was a section of a song from the movie and musical, Mamma Mia, so I was to animate a lip-sync. I wanted to explore subtle emotions and hand movements in this, rather than a lot of movement. I found it more difficult keeping the linework consistent with such small movements, but it was good practise and something I can focus on next time.
  • Here is the rough animation I did and the evidence:


No comments:

Post a Comment