Sunday 8 March 2020

Applied Animation: Competition - Improvements

Applied Animation
Improvements and Animating

  • This week:
    • I will be improving one of the storyboards so that it fits better with the brief and working on the animation for the Beetle Commute in London.
  • What went well:
    • After looking back over the brief, I noticed we needed to make it a bit more obvious of the location of the Brighton narrative, especially. One thing I noted was Brighton Pier and therefore, added this shot to an improved storyboard, which also illustrates the shot of Monkey-bug taking out their phone.
    • This can be edited for more nation-wide uses and for the shorter ads on smaller screens, placed in cities and shopping centres.
    • I also worked on producing more tests for the vertical advertisements and possible edits which Audible may be able to use for their campaign. Here are the quick tests I produced, using the Ant Commute roughs:

  • What could be improved:
    • I really struggled to in-between the keyframes of the Beetle in London Commute, as each movement was given to me in separate Photoshop documents. In addition to this, a lot of the timeline was quite messy. Photoshop has a problem with the onion skins, when working with silhouette characters. In Toon Boom and TVPaint, you're able to change the onion skins to different colours, to make it easier to see. However, to overcome this, I organised the timeline myself and then tried doing simple in-betweens where I could. TVPaint is a lot easier for in-betweening, so I know next time to be a bit more certain working only in TVPaint or Toon Boom Harmony, as it's very difficult in-betweening in Photoshop.
      • If I was able to between in TVPaint, like I had for the other two ads, the process would have been smoother.
  • Next week:
    • I will be putting together each of the animations, the campaign and the final concepts, ready for competition submission.

No comments:

Post a Comment