Friday 23 April 2021

Professional Practise 3: Study Task 5

 Professional Practise 3
Study Task 5 - Create Your Brand

  • Online Presence
    • As part of my re-branding I decided to create a new colour theme and completely re-brand my entire online presence, to move away from the "Faye Scribbles" brand, which was much less professional and something I had created in my early teens. Upon changing my brand name to "Alinaydra," I also decided on a new colour scheme and updated my profile to reflect this change. I have since re-branded my old YouTube channel and created a new channel, under the name "Alinaydra" where I will be posting future animations.
    • Here are the new brand colours I decided upon:

    • I think that these reflect my art-style and online presence well, because of the bright, warm and saturated colours, which I also use within my art. The blue-green colour also works well as a complementary colour and contrast, to add details into my branding. I will be using these colours for my Portfolio, my Showreel, my Branded CV and my Business Cards.
    • For my portfolio, I had already put together a Wixsite, however I needed to change the branding entirely. After a 1-2-1 with Michaela, we went through the branding and layout and she gave me plenty of feedback on changes I could make.
    • Here is the feedback notes I made:

    • My Portfolio went through a lot of different ideas, because I wasn't entirely certain which colours to use as the background and what to use as the text colour. The website went through different iterations. This is one that I had initially liked:
    • However, I wasn't sure if I liked the black text on the yellow background, therefore I made changes and swapped colours around. I think I preferred the white text on the yellow background, instead. 
    • I, then, needed to go through and adjust a lot of the portfolio layouts, change the text to "Oswald" as title text and "Roboto Light" as main body text. These are two typefaces I used for the rest of the branding. 
    • At the moment, the portfolio has the Wixsite banner at the top. When I have been through the Wix subscription, I found that it might not be entirely worth the price. I shall be keeping my website on Wix, for now, however I will be looking into other web domains and builders to change to.
    • Here is the final portfolio layout, located at alishafayelittle.wixsite.com/portfolio:


    • I wasn't sure how to apply my branding to other social media sites, such as YouTube, Twitter and Instagram, therefore I decided to create a digital banner to fit with the branding overall. 
    • Here are the first digital banners I created:


    • I didn't think these worked well beside the website and with the parallel blocks either side, it didn't look how I wanted it to. Therefore, I decided to simplify it and use the green as a solid background to the yellow, red and white banner. I think this worked much better and the simplicity of the banner stands out more.
    • Here are the final banners:



    • Social Media Presence:
      • With the updated Banners and Profile pictures, I additionally updated my Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn to all fit with my branding:
Twitter

YouTube

YouTube Branding

Instagram

LinkedIn

  • Printed Materials
    • For the printed materials, I created two CVs (one branded, the other a fully written one). For the branded one, I had feedback from Michaela, which allowed me to make final adjustments. Here is the initial feedback from Michaela, after my first draft:
    • I had also sent my written CV to Careers to be reviewed and updated the CV according to their feedback, also.
    • Here is the written feedback from Careers:
    • I wanted the final branded CV to be colourful and simple. I used reference from looking at other artist's CVs and they tried to keep the branded one limited. 
    • Here are some example CVs I used:




    • Here is my final branded CV and written CVs, based upon my feedback:


    • Furthermore, I created a business card for my brand, following, again, the brand colours and typefaces. As I had created a lot of business card ideas, I put together a PDF of all of the revisions the cards went through.
    • I wanted to also include some original art onto the business cards, therefore I added some character illustrations of a character I draw often, and post often to my social media. I additionally think it went well with the colour scheme and provides a glimpse into my personality. On the back of the card, I additionally created a QR Code, with a link to my show-reel.
    • Here is the development of my business cards:
    • Here is my final business card:
Front


Back


  • Final Branding Booklet:
    • Here is an overview of all of my branding:

  • Going Forward:
    • I will be consistently updating my business card and portfolio, to fit with the work I will be doing in the future. This would mean updating the QR Code for my most recent show-reel and updating the Portfolio frequently with new work. I will be continuing to use this colour scheme and branding in the future, but I may make further adjustments as time goes by.
    • Unfortunately, the Wix-site subscription to remove the ad at the top of the page is under the premium subscription. I tried to pay for the base amount, along with a separate domain, however I realised only after that the Wix banner counts as an "ad" therefore, I didn't know you had to pay the full amount. I will be changing my website domain after submission, by transferring my website to a different web-service provider.




No comments:

Post a Comment