Friday 16 April 2021

Extended Practise: The Last Riders Final Film

 Extended Practise
The Last Riders Final Film and Evaluation


  • This week:
    • Rhys put together the final composite for The Last Riders!
  • What went well:
    • Overall, I think I improved a lot in my compositing skills, specifically in Adobe After Effects. I had learnt a lot about importing PNG Sequences and adjusting frame-rates so that it avoids "ghost" frames in the render windows.
    • This project also allowed me to practise editing lighting effects and add light wraps, which is something I will definitely be using again in the future. I found that it forced me to problem-solve, as there were a few scenes I needed to edit which didn't have the layers separated or there were several problems come up within the project file. For example, when adding the mist to Marow, or learning how to properly add a light wrap. 
    • All of these skills are incredibly helpful going forward, as it allows me to understand the workflows in post-production and what I would need to do in the production stages, to avoid problems in post.
    • Here is the final animation:
  • What could be improved:
    • In terms of my contribution to the project, I think that I could have scheduled myself, or managed the work-load better, and taken on the full post for this project. This would have allowed me to be more consistent between lighting on scenes and I could experiment more with the compositing. As I had joined the project at a later stage, I didn't have much say in the production part, therefore I had to address problems during the Post-Production stage. This is something I will consider in future projects.
    • I think I could have been more experimental and challenged myself within the software. I did this with several scenes, however this is something I could have done on multiple scenes. Again, this could've been established before the post-production stage, however as I had joined the project later, it wasn't initially discussed.

No comments:

Post a Comment