Friday 2 April 2021

Extended Practise: Rhy's Project Post-Production

 Extended Practise
Rhys' Project Post-Production 1


  • This week:
    • I worked on the Post-Production for Rhy's Project 'The Last Riders'.
  • What went well:
    • During a meeting with Rhys and Emily, I made notes every scene needing compositing with lighting effects. Rhys' provided me with a HEX Code which needed to be used for the lighting colours.
    • Starting with Scenes 3 and 14, I added a soft blurred light, using the HEX Code provided and applied a Masked Blur, to create a perspective effect, thus making the characters closer to the camera less blurred than those further away.
Adding a Mask to split the Blur based on perspective

    • Furthermore, I had the idea to use the Set Matte and Channel Blur to create a Light Wrap around Tarant (the bartender). I initially struggled with this, however I found a tutorial on YouTube which helped me understand the process better.

    • After exporting, I noticed that the Pig's leg was cutting in front of an object on the bar, so I went back into the file and applied a Mask, to crop out the leg.
    • Using the same process with the blur and light wrap, I applied this also to Scene 14.
    • Here are the final composites of Scene 3 and 14:
Scene 3

Scene 14

    • Using the same light wrap effect and the HEX Code, I applied this also to Scenes 6, 9 and 19, keeping each of the shots consistent in the compositing.
Scene 6 

Scene 9

Scene 19

  • What could be improved:
    • I definitely think that I could have added more to each of the scenes or adjusted the colours of the lighting. Rhys insisted, however, the lighting needed to be that specific colour, so I had to follow the values provided.
    • One thing I considered after rendering the scenes was to add a light wrap to the characters sitting in the back. I'm not sure how this could have looked, but I think it's something I could experiment with next time.
  • Next week:
    • I will be working on Scenes 1, 2, 7, 12, 26, 4 and 27.

No comments:

Post a Comment