Tuesday 6 April 2021

Extended Practise: Kingdom of Masks Post-Production 2

 Extended Practise
Kingdom of Masks Post-Production 2


  • This week:
    • I worked on the VFX for Stills 17 and 14 for Khoa and Amy's project.
  • What went well:
    • When I first puppeted and added VFX for these scenes I wasn't sure what needed adjusting, but I knew something wasn't right about them. I sent them to Khoa and took a short break, before coming back to edit them.
    • Whilst the Particle effects worked well, the movements were really off. Once I had shown the rest of the group, we came to the feedback that they move too much, they feel as though they're underwater and the bodies warp a little bit too much.
    • Here are the initial animated Stills:


    • I adjusted the movements slightly to reduce the "underwater" effect which was happening before. This helped greatly, as it reduced the warping and made the movement much more subtle.
    • Here are the improvements:

  • What could be improved:
    • Similarly to the previous stills, these felt very flat and were difficult to animate, as all of the characters were on the same layer. This made their movements feel really mechanical and flat. I think if I were to do this technique again, in the future, I would create puppets, using separate layers for each body part, which allow for more control and movement.
    • I still need to make some adjustments to the background and I think some lighting effects would have benefitted the scene a lot. This is something I could discuss with Khoa, but as we are close to the deadline, it may not be doable.
  • Next week:
    • I will be working on Still 13, Still 17 transition effects and Scenes 24 to 25 transition effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment