Sunday 4 April 2021

Extended Practise: Final Film Shading 2

 Extended Practise
Final Film Shading 2


  • This week:
    • I worked on further shading for Aviation Aggravation.
  • What went well:
    • Continuing with the same shading technique from last week, using the Cutter, I found the shading process quite quick and easy.
    • One thing I initially needed to learn was about how adding multiple effects to a layer may mess with others, which I found with adding the Cutter Effect to layers with a Blur Effect. However, I found that by adjusting the order of the layers and re-applying the Blur fixed this issue.
    • Here are shots in the Airport I shaded:



    • For the scenes which are on the plane, I kept the shading the same colour and opacity, as Joseph and I decided to edit the colours in After Effects.
    • One thing I needed to pay attention to was how the shadows will change when it turns to night. I decided to illustrate this in Shot 14 and 15, by having the shadow move from being casted by the window, to being cast from above. I think this works very well.
    • Here is Shot 14 and 15, and the continued shading for other shots:







  • What could be improved:
    • I think that the shot where the oxygen masks fall could be improved. I tried to create a dramatic lighting, by having the Air Hostess become darker as they drop, but this could be further edited and exaggerated in After Effects.
    • Another thing I had noticed was that despite adding shading to the characters, there could still be cast shadows onto objects and the seat. Unfortunately I don't have time to do this at the moment, so this can be done in Post.
  • Next week:
    • I will continue adding shading to the rest of the shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment