Wednesday 14 April 2021

Extended Practise: Final Film Shading 4

Extended Practise
Final Film Shading 4


  • This week:
    • I worked on the final colour for Shot 19 and the final shading for Shots 19, 21, 22 and 23.
  • What went well:
    • As I hadn't coloured a lot of Shots for Aviation Aggravation, I was glad to be colouring Shot 19, as this allowed me to make use of the Stroke tool to create Geoffrey's markings. I think I was quite accurate and consistent with the markings on his face, as I was worried about them being wobbly. Using a flipping-frame technique, I was able to keep them very consistent.
    • Here is Shot 19:
Shot 19 Colour
    • As I was working on Shot 19 Colouring and also the shading, I was able to quickly add the shading after I'd finished colouring.
    • Here is the shading for Shot 19 also:

    • For Shots 21, 22 and 23, I followed the same shading process using the cutter tool. I think that I have kept the shading style very consistent between scenes and it adds a lot of polish to the final animation.
    • For Shot 22, Joseph and I tested adding the Air Hostess in the background, however as she was just a still it felt out of place in the animation and we preferred it without her in the back. If we had extra time, we would have fully animated her, but we unfortunately don't have enough time to add this.
    • Here is Shot 22 with and without the Air Hostess:

Shot 22 without the Air Hostess


Shot 22 with the Air Hostess
    • Here is the final shading for Shots 21 and 23:
Shot 21 Shading

Shot 23 Shading

  • What could be improved:
    • I prefer the high contrast lighting used in Shot 22 with the Air Hostess, rather than 22 without her, therefore I'll probably adjust the contrast and lighting in post-production for this shot.
    • The final backgrounds need to be added to each of the shots and I think some further editing in Post-Production to add contrast and lighting will really help bring each of these scenes together. I will consider this when I start editing, this week.
  • Next time:
    • I will be exporting each of the scenes and starting editing the final animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment