Saturday 29 February 2020

Applied Animation: Competition - Animation Tests and Editing

Applied Animation
Animation Tests and Editing

  • This week:
    • I key-framed and semi-inbetweened the animation of the monkey-bug shopping with their child, in Brighton.
  • What went well:
    • We decided, from last week, that we will be keeping to the insect-designs and not making them "older," as we had already done this experimentation in the beginning, by making the Beetle more pointed and the narrative and colours helps us to portray the target audience.
    • I was able to stay on-model from the character sheet, whilst adding squash and stretch and emotion to make the character more life-like.
    • Additionally, I was able to over-come a lot of issues I'd had with my first test with the Ant in their car to Leeds, as I struggled keeping the body consistent, however I found a method which worked better for this animation, which was first animating the silhouette and then adding the facial expressions on a separate layer. This allowed me to then see the onion skin for the face and the earphones.
    • Furthermore, I produced some tests exploring what the animation could look like in a vertical format. I found this document here, which helped with ratios and understanding formatting in Out of Home campaigns:



  • What could be improved:
    • As this was a test, the animation isn't as smooth as I would like it to be, and I think that the narrative and idea for this story is a bit weaker than the other two. Despite this, the narrative still targets 25+ with this idea of taking care of children, having to go shopping and not having time for yourself.
    • I think that the opening view of the supermarket needs an additional establishing shot on Brighton Pier or somewhere similar, to demonstrate that this is in Brighton. I will add this to the storyboards, for the final submission to represent this.
  • Next week:
    • Ill be starting in-betweens on the Beetle Commute in London and working on any improvements that need to be changed.

Silhouette Test:

Final Test:

Here are the vertical tests, with cropped video:



No comments:

Post a Comment