Tuesday 18 February 2020

Applied Animation: Competition - Further Backgrounds

Applied Animation
Further Backgrounds

  • This week:
    • I produced a series of background concepts for the Supermarket Scene, which is located in Brighton.
    • I tried to incorporate this city more into the environments, by having the small "Easter Egg" saying "Beach Supplies!", as we decided as a group to allow most of the scenes to be used in multiple cities.
  • What went well:
    • I created a variety of props and concepts to fit with the insect world we decided to focus on, which made it easier to design the rendered versions of the backgrounds.
    • Using the Maya renders, I was able to more efficiently produce a final background, without having to worry much about perspective. This allowed more time to be spent on the colour and textures of the backgrounds.
    • I was able to use the Audible colour palette provided more effectively, as I had already had practise using it for the train backgrounds.
  • What could be improved:
    • I think that more detail could have been added into the environments, using the concepts I had, however I wasn't sure whether too much detail would distract from the characters. This is something I could have explored.
    • More exploration could have been done to incorporate the city more, such as maybe an establishing shot outside of the building, or a shot showing the beach and Brighton Pier.
  • Next week:
    • I will be starting the key-frames of the animation and working on any further feedback.





No comments:

Post a Comment