Wednesday 5 February 2020

Applied Animation: Competition - 3D Backgrounds

Applied Animation
3D Backgrounds


  • This week:
    • I struggled to produce concept art because some of the perspectives and complex shapes, such as the car was difficult to draw.
  • What went well:
    • Using Maya, I produced a series of 3D concept work, to aid in my background and concept art. I create a scene for each storyboard.
    • Not only did this allow me to develop my skills in 3D work, but was also helpful in perspective and design of environments.
    • I used YouTube tutorials to help in the creation of the car and a series of reference photos. One YouTube tutorial I found useful was a walkthrough of creating a stylised model of a car.

  • What could be improved:
    • I could create more variety and exploration of styles and concepts. Once the idea and overall theme has been established I can then explore this.
    • I need to find a way to use the colour palette, Audible has provided, creatively and to experiment to see if the characters work with this.
Here are some 3D renders:


No comments:

Post a Comment