Tuesday 11 February 2020

Professional Practise 2: Contracts and Invoicing

Professional Practise 2
Contracts and Invoicing

  • This week I needed to calculate what could be my daily rates. At the moment, whilst living at home, my yearly needs are considerably lower than those who are living away from home, therefore I needed to think about my worth as an artist and what my rates could be in the future, based upon other factors, such as:
    • The average salary for a Junior position in Digital Art is £25,000 per year, meaning a daily rate of around £68 per day (not including holidays or breaks). So, £96 per day, for just weekdays.
    • I also need to take costs for software and hardware into consideration. As it's £20 per month for the single Adobe apps and hardware, such as new computers, monitors and tablets could be up to £1,000 per year, if you upgraded regularly.
    • As of now, my daily rate would only be £12 per day, if I just included weekdays. I could collect this for just weekend work for 5 hours, at a rate of £60, however this would still be considerably low, if were to work freelance in the future.
    • Therefore, I would set my daily rate to that of a junior position, as my fee would mainly come from number of hours worked and price of resources, from my current position, with an addition of £2-3 per day for cost of resources. An additional 30% would cover the professional skills, savings and costs for days off. This comes to around £128 per day. This would be calculated and changed to a higher rate, when living costs are higher.
  • Here is the Contracts and Invoice lecture notes:





And here is my Contract Agreement and Invoice:

  • In order to research both, I had a look at contracts other artist I have commissioned had done and the way they lay out invoices. I wanted to make my invoice sheet simple and editable in a Google Document.


No comments:

Post a Comment