Friday 14 February 2020

Applied Animation: Competition - Background Concepts

Applied Animation
Backgrounds and Background Concepts

  • This week:
    • I started working on the backgrounds, based upon our initial concepts and produced an animatic for the Leeds Commute storyboard
  • What went well:
    • I experimented a lot with how the backgrounds should look, as it was extremely difficult with such a limited palette and making sure the characters don't blend in with it. Therefore, before finalising the backgrounds, I made some quick concepts:


    • I additionally made the animatic for the Leeds Commute narrative, which I found fun and easy to time, because of the storyboards. I was able to almost key-frame it, so that will make the animation process easier.
  • What could be improved:
    • After receiving feedback from the group, one thing that was noted was making the background a bit more refined and less rough. So, I went back over the background I had produced originally and refined it more, then created the seat view, which I will also be refining.
    • Adding some buildings off in the distance in the background, so I added very faint shapes of buildings.
  • Next week:
    • I'll be finishing the backgrounds, for the final narrative, which is the Brighton/Monkey creature narrative (Storyboard 3). 
    • Refining the backgrounds for the train commute.
Here is the initial background I produced, before feedback:

Here is the more refined version:

Seat view I'll be refining for next week:

No comments:

Post a Comment