Saturday 22 February 2020

Applied Animation: Competition - Feedback

Applied Animation
Feedback and Back to the Brief

  • This week:
    • I finished key-framing the Leeds Commute animation and we received feedback on our designs and approach to the brief.
    • Based on the feedback, I did some further research on the 25+ Age Demographic.
  • What went well:
    • Using the animatic I produced for the Leeds Commute, I key-framed the full scene, in detail, to make the in-betweening easier for Laura. I also went back over the silhouette to make sure no edges were wobbly, as I found this difficult to keep consistent.
    • After receiving feedback on our characters and concept, we were told to make some slight changes to make it appeal more to 25+ demographic. I did this by exploring the character designs we have and making them more angular. This also included removing the pom-poms from the monkey-bugs' tail and antennae.
      • In order to properly reflect on the demographic, I carried out some research based upon Audibles previous campaigns and articles online about marketing tools and age demographics. This is the research I found:

    • This research can also help when creating our campaign pack and explaining decisions in choosing animation and the specific style.
  • What Could be Improved:
    • The style of the backgrounds need to also looked at and adapted to fit the demographic, however I believe that the narrative of each of the characters following adult roles and the editing of the characters, will aid in appealing to the 25+ demographic. Despite this, an exploration of the background can still be done.
    • Mock-Ups need to be produced to see how the animation would fit in a portrait ad-campaign.
  • Next week:
    • I will be improving the character designs, the backgrounds and working on the animation for the Train Commute in London. 

Character Exploration:


Ant Animatic:




Key Frame Animation:



No comments:

Post a Comment