Saturday 30 January 2021

Extended Practise: Kingdom of Masks Scene 21

 Extended Practise
Kingdom of Masks Scene 21 Keyframes


  • This week:
    • I worked on the keyframes for Scene 21 for Khoa and Amy's project.
  • What went well:
    • I found this scene particularly difficult because of the angle and timing of the poses, which Khoa wanted. I used the roughs which Khoa provided for me and added some breakdowns to try make better sense of the timing and feel of the sword.
    • Despite the struggle with timing and spacing, I believe that I kept the lines consistent and the line-weight variations appropriate for the poses.
Keyframes Attempt 1

Keyframes Attempt 2
    • I still felt that the weight wasn't there. I posted this into the group's Discord for further feedback. I slowed down the turning of the sword, to make it feel more weighted. Khoa also reminded me it was in water and this is supposed to be a moment of hope in obtaining the sword. 
    • I added a splash of water upon removing the sword and a sheen as the sword lowers. I hoped that this would indicate the swords' importance to the audience.
Keyframes Attempt 3


Keyframes Attempt 4
    • I believe that with the inbetweens timed, the weight will be felt much easier, as these are just the key poses.
  • What could be improved:
    • I think that there could have been a more fluid pose or motion for this shot, which could indicate the power and feel of the sword much better. I think that next time I would maybe re-adjust the roughs or interpret them myself to try recreate the feeling the directors wanted from the scene. This is something to consider going forwards, especially if working freelance or in a studio, which is being able to give creative feedback or input of possible ways the scene could be further improved.
  • Next time:
    • I will be doing clean-up and colouring for Scenes 3 and 4.


No comments:

Post a Comment