Friday 5 February 2021

Extended Practise: Final Film Keyframes Progress 4

 Extended Practise
Final Film Keyframes Progress 4


  • This week:
    • As I was slightly ahead of schedule, I started keyframing and inbetweening some later shots.
  • What went well:
    • I started the keyframes for Shot 18, which is part of the animation I work on entirely alone. This is because of a section being rigged with the deformer tool in Toon Boom Harmony. It also allowed me to practise some VFX Animation, which is the raindrops on the window of the plane. I wasn't sure how to animate this, so I looked up footage on YouTube of rain droplets on glass, to help me animate.
    • Here is my first progress:
    • I decided to animate the rain on the window entirely straight-ahead, rather than pose-to-pose. I think that this allowed for the randomness of the rain on the window and made it feel more natural. The animation of the Air Hostess, however is pose-to-pose, as I feel this keeps the design consistent.
    • After showing my group the progress, they felt that there shouldn't be a cut between the Air Hostess leaning towards the window and her backing up into the aisle, so I made use of the Camera tool in Toon Boom Harmony, to create a fluid motion of her moving back into the aisle, which works a lot better than the motion in the animatic.
    • I found it difficult to use deformers again, for the Oxygen masks, however this is something that I had learnt in previous projects. I made a quick test for the swinging motion, which I believe feels natural and fluid.
Added Camera movement




Oxygen Masks, using Deformers
  • What could be improved:
    • When I come to inbetween this, I need to duplicate the Oxygen mask, as multiple fall down. This will also mean adjusting the timings of the fall and swing, so that they all fall at separate speeds and times, which will feel more believable.
    • I think that the Air Hostess moves a little bit too quickly and she should pause for a little longer, which is something I will adjust, when I export the keyframes ready for the musician!
  • Next week:
    • I will be starting inbetweening on this project!



No comments:

Post a Comment