Monday 18 January 2021

Extended Practise: Final Film Animatic

 Extended Practise
Final Film Animatic


  • This week:
    • I worked on the animatic for Aviation Aggravation.
  • What went well:
    • Using Reid's storyboards, I found it efficient and easy to follow these for the animatic. They had also numbered actions within the shots, so I could time these for the animation. 
    • I was able to learn more with Toom Boom Storyboard Pro to create this animatic, which helps broaden my knowledge in different software. I already have some prior knowledge of Storyboard Pro, but I learnt how to adjust the camera and how multiple scenes work in Storyboard Pro. I also learnt how to export the storyboard as a PDF, so that roles could be assigned based upon shots and it helped visualise each scene better.
    • I found that, whilst I'm not a storyboard artist, my sense of timing was tested a lot in doing this, as I needed to judge how long a movement might take and how long it needs to be held for. This was particularly helpful for me to understand, especially when I need to practise timing in animation more. 
    • Here is the animatic I created:



    • I also made another version of the animatic, which the group preferred. The ending is altered slightly, as I believed that the build up would work better with an abrupt cut to a peaceful scene and I made some adjustments to show Geoffrey Gooses' panic. In the second version - one that strays slightly from the script - he curls up in panic and brings out a pillow. It also cuts to the Air Hostess pouring tea, which I thought was a funny addition. I wanted to show a contrast to another character, indicating his panic is either over-exaggerated, or all in his mind.
    • Overall, the group chose this as the preferred animatic:



  • What could be improved:
    • The animatic just needs music now, for it to be completed. I will be contacting the musician and sending this to him. Here is evidenced contact:

  • Next week:
    • I will be starting the key-frames for the animation!

No comments:

Post a Comment