Thursday 14 January 2021

Extended Practise: Final Film Turnarounds and Model Sheets

 Extended Practise
Final Film Main Character Turnarounds and Model Sheets


  • This week:
    • I continued working on the main character turnarounds and began working on model sheets.
  • What went well:
    • After talking with my group and getting general feedback from Mat, the turnarounds were completed. The colour for the Goose turnaround was finalised, and the group approved of the final colours, as they were simpler and Joseph found that they work really well with the current background colour tests. We wanted the colours to be a little darker and muted, in contrast to the other characters, as this reflects his personality.
    • Here is the final turnaround:

    • When exploring the model sheets, I tried to keep the poses simple, but enough to express the character personality. The model sheet also acted as a great test for pushing the body movements and testing the malleability of the characters. 
    • Here are the final model sheets:





  • What could be improved:
    • I need to consider and experiment with the line styles. This is something that Mat brought up in feedback, as I wanted to use a sketchy line style. I will need to look at and explore the vector brushes in Toon Boom Harmony, which have the rough texture. I would like to make the style more fluid and lose, so this is something I'll need to explore.
    • I think that the model sheet poses could be more fluid and exaggerated. This could be developed possibly by exploring facial expressions, from the storyboards.
  • Next time:
    • I will be working on the animatic, from the storyboard Axel created.


No comments:

Post a Comment