Wednesday 20 January 2021

Extended Practise: Final Film Key-frames Progress

 Extended Practise
Final Film Keyframes Progress

  • This week:
    • I started my keyframes for my final film.
  • What went well:
    • The producer for my project, Emily, made a well-presented, organised Gantt Sheet for us to follow, for production. It contains a list of all of the shots and the roles distributed evenly between Axel, Caitlin and I. This week I intended to work on the key-frames for Shots 2 and 4. 
    • I decided to also add some breakdowns between the keyframes, so that those who are inbetweening can understand the timing of the action and it additionally helps to understand the movements of the character.
    • Here are the keys for Shot 2:

    • I think that the brush we decided on works really well for the animation, as it's similar to that used for the model sheet, but it has good weight variation. It is also slightly textured, which is a visual we decided to go for.
    • I had a lot of fun with the expressions and acting of the character. I think that a good decision was made in allowing Geoffrey's eyebrows to raise above his head.
    • I also worked on Shot 4:



    • This is a much shorter shot, of Geoffrey looking out from the queue. It may only have two frames, however I did spend time considering the line weight and expression. The first frame is only intended to be a breakdown.
    • Axel suggested adding a tail flick to the cat in front, so they dont feel as stiff/stationary.
    • Here is the improvement:


    • We intend to blur the cat in post-production, so that the focus is more on the Goose.
  • What could be improved:
    • Some lines are a little bit shaky and inconsistent. This is something I need to practise, especially for key-framing. Whilst I have the line weights understood pretty well, I need to either warm-up before, by doing some sketching, or make more use of the stabiliser in Toon Boom Harmony, to ensure my linework is much neater. I will do this for future scenes.
  • Next time:
    • I will be working on Shots 5, 7 and 8, into the end of the week and into next week.




No comments:

Post a Comment