Monday 18 January 2021

Professional Practise 3: Ben Waddleton Talk

 Professional Practise 3
Ben Waddleton Talk and Online Presence


  • Ben Waddletons' talk was very informative about how impactful social media is, as an artist and how it can allow you to get your work noticed. I found his talk to be helpful for me personally, to understand the meaning of my social presence, in order to decide what I want to do with it going forwards. 
  • I asked him questions about how to cope with imposter syndrome and staying motivated when posting online and his advice, which was to post things that you enjoy and engage with, rather than trying to jump onto trends, was extremely helpful. I want to continue this going forwards.
  • Here are the notes I made:


  • An example of this is my most recent Instagram post of my own character, Sahara, grabbing some leaves and bounding off-screen. Whilst it isn't perfect, it is something original and allowed me to practise using Procreate. I also want to establish myself as a character animator more on social media and through animating and drawing things which I enjoy drawing, I will continue to grow and learn new skills.
  • Here is the animation I made and Instagram post:




No comments:

Post a Comment