Tuesday 26 January 2021

Extended Practise: Final Film Keyframes Progress 3

 Extended Practise
Final Film Keyframes Progress 3


  • This week:
    • I continued working on the keyframes for my final film.
  • What went well:
    • I was able to complete three further shots, keeping the line-work consistent and considering the timing and spacing for Caitlin, who will be inbetweening.

    • For Shot 11, I used myself as reference for the typing animation. Initially, his hands were going to remain still, but it felt stiff and lifeless, so I added the typing animation. The laptop angle was made far easier, because of Josephs' Maya models, allowing the lid closing perspective to be accurate.  



    • Once I had added the keys to the keyboard, the shot works really well. I additionally focused on adding drag to the Air Hostesses' neck tie and her poof on her head. With these breakdowns, it allows the inbetweener to understand key timing and the added bounciness of her movement, in contrast to the slower, even movements of Geoffrey.
    • Furthermore, I took note of making her head move back in an arching motion, which looks much more pleasing to the eye.
    • I additionally worked on Shots 12 and 13, following this.
Shot 12 Keyframes

Shot 13 Keyframes

    • Again, with Shot 12, it was initially going to be animated in post-production, with flashing lights, however I thought the little animations of the seat-belt, the smoking sign and wifi signal adds a lot of life to the shot.
    • For Shot 13, I made note of what I had understood animating the Air Hostess in Shot 11, thus keeping the bounciness of her movement, the drag and expressions.
  • What could be improved:
    • I think that Shot 13 could be timed a little bit better, as I feel that it pauses on the middle frame for too long. I'll have to note what it looks like when Caitlin in-betweens it and whether it needs to be adjusted.
    • When the wing comes in to close the laptop on Shot 12, it doesn't look like its in time with the laptop, therefore I will need to adjust this, before I upload the Toon Boom file for Caitlin to in-between.
  • Next week:
    • I will be working on the final keyframes and starting in-betweening.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment