Sunday 24 January 2021

Extended Practise: Kingdom of Masks Test Inbetweens

 Extended Practise
Kingdom of Masks Test Inbetweens

  • This week:
    • I worked on the inbetweens for Scene 1 of Khoa and Amy's Project 'Kingdom of Masks.'
  • What went well:
    • As Emily was having issues with Toon Boom Harmony, she key-framed Scene One in TVPaint. Thankfully, in my last project, I had learnt how to import videos into Toon Boom Harmony and convert these into Vector lines. Upon doing this, I had Emily's key-frames then in Toon Boom, ready to be betweened.
    • I struggled a little with the betweening process, as the way Emily had keyframed meant that several poses were held whilst the arm was still moving. This meant that when I fully betweened it, the character was jumping between poses, rather than having one fluid motion. When I made some adjustments to the key-frames, such as just moving the entire character on the canvas, so that there would be an easing motion, it felt much better. Despite this, Emily's linework was incredibly clean which made in-betweening much more efficient.

My Inbetweening, with Key-frame adjustments


Further adjustments to the last pose, to ease into the final pose

  • What could be improved:
    • It was hard to consider easing and timing with the way the keyframes had been timed, so I will be thinking about discussing with Emily any adjustments that need to be made, before I begin inbetweening scenes.
    • The animation still feels like it jumps a bit, because of the keyframing having held body poses, but the arm moving or leaves moving. This is something I will discuss with Khoa whether I should make changes or upload ready for colouring and just consider this for the next shot.
  • Next time:
    • I will be working on colouring some of the stills in the animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment