Tuesday 12 January 2021

Extended Practise: Final Film Character Turnarounds

 Extended Practise
Final Film Main Character Turnarounds


  • This week:
    • I continued working on the main character turnarounds and visual development.
  • What went well:
    • After reviewing the drafted turnaround of the Goose and getting feedback from my group, I found that the overall shape of the character was too wide. Reid noted that they found the “tear-drop” shape of the character better, therefore I changed this when I refined the character.
    • I believe that this shape works better for the character, as the rounder shape felt a little more stiff. Here are the changes:
Turnaround Before:

Adjusted body shape and neck:



    • After this, I worked on the turnaround for the Air Hostess and we had decided on the design with the puffed cheeks and small body. I believe this design will work really well for animating, because of its’ simplicity. It is also based upon the bird design I made for Mimo, for COP, which means that I already have the knowledge for animating them - which saves a lot of time.
    • Here is the turnaround:


    • When thinking about the colour, I tried two colour designs for the Goose, as these were the two most popular colour styles I was seeing in my research. I will be sending these designs to my group to have a look over and decide which is best and whether it needs adjustments.




  • What could be improved:
    • We discussed the possibly of slightly adjusting the Air Hostess design, as we felt her silhouette was a little too similar to that of the Goose. Therefore, next time I work on them, I'll adjust her design.
    • We also discussed that the Goose design needs the colours simplifying, however the brown palette works best. This is an additional thing I will be adjusting, by reducing the amount of colours used and testing to see if they fit well with the backgrounds.
  • Next time:
    • I'll be finalising the turnarounds and starting model sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment