Saturday 16 January 2021

Extended Practise: Aviation Aggravation Further Concepts

 Extended Practise
Aviation Aggravation Further Concepts


  • This week:
    • I worked on further character concepts and exploration for Aviation Aggravation
  • What went well:
    • I created some character sketches for Geoffrey and the Air Hostess to get a better feel of the characters, before I start animating them. I also wanted to experiment a little bit the style and shading. I think this helped a lot with establishing the style and how I would like the outcome to look like.
    • Here are the quick sketches of the characters and environments:

    • Here are some quick rendered concepts of the Air Hostess and Geoffrey:


  • What could be improved:
    • I need to establish what kind of textured brush we will be using and additionally, the animation style needs to considered. I need to think about how much "squash and stretch" will be applied to this world and how the characters might interact together. This could be established in the storyboard or further testing.
    • The softer shading used on the characters might be tricky in Toom Boom Harmony, so this is something I may need further research on to see what it could look like.
    • I will not be producing more concepts for the background, as I would like to focus on the characters and animation, therefore I would like Joseph to continue with the concept for the backgrounds.
  • Next week:
    • I will be continuing the Pre-Production for Aviation Aggravation.

No comments:

Post a Comment