Tuesday 1 October 2019

Context of Practise 2: First Task and Lecture Notes

Context of Practise 2
First Task and Study Notes


For the first lecture of Context of Practise 2, we were given the module overview and information for the format of the coming weeks. In addition to this, we looked at Animism in the afternoon, where we made notes and discussed how animism is used in animation. My notes and ideas are displayed below.



In addition to this, we were given the first task of choosing an object, animal or place and were told to "bring it to life". This was through using any technique we liked, therefore I chose to do a 2D digital animation of a character I quickly designed in my sketchbook. I opted to create a post-it note character, because it was simple and easy to explore. 


I had a look back at the sack-character I did a short animation for in the first year as a basis for my character and how I could create expression. The animation I made was to explore the different emotions and movements the paper could express.


I think I could have explored more emotions and possibly looked at different objects/animals/places to further explore animism and anthropomorphism.

No comments:

Post a Comment