Friday 18 October 2019

Character and Narrative: Animated Tests

Character and Narrative
Animated Tests

  • This Week:
    • I created some animated walk cycle tests for Teddy the Turtle, to go alongside the concept development for him. This walk cycle can be additionally used for reference for the other turtles entering the water.
  • What Went Well:
    • I was able to get this test done pretty quickly, with the help of The Animators Survival Kit, by Richard Williams, looking at how four-legged animals could move. Unfortunately, the section doesn't consist of turtles, so I had to use reference footage online to help.
    • I tried to exaggerate the movement a lot, to make it feel life-like and a bit less realistic to go with the idea that Teddy isn't a normal turtle. It matches his personality, rather than using a slow walk.
  • What Could Be Better:
    • Line consistency is something I need to improve on and additionally, the head-bobbing movement could've been further exaggerated and smoother, like his leg movement is.
    • His head also needs to be bigger, as it's slightly larger on the turnaround. I will take note of this when animating him.
  • Next Week:
    • I'll be creating more concept work, such as for environments.
Teddy Walk Cycle Test:

No comments:

Post a Comment