Tuesday 15 October 2019

Context of Practise 2: Writing a Research Question

Context of Practise 2
Study Task 2 - Writing a Research Question

  • After choosing to focus on aesthetics, I initially found it difficult to develop a question for research, therefore I decided to focus on a specific area of my interests and develop a question from there.
  • When we worked in small groups to develop a question or research area, despite a few people suggesting for me to explore aesthetics, they also suggested a few games to look at and areas of aesthetics I can explore.

  • I researched 2D Video Games online and explored some of the games I am interested in already. I found that I could explore assets and aesthetic by focusing on concept work and simple animation tests. In addition to this, I found the book "The Ultimate Concept Art Career Guide" published by 3Dtotal, which includes a variety of artist workflows and how they are able to achieve a certain aesthetic in concepts they make. I think that if I were to focus on 2D Video Games, it would be a variety of 2D games, to compare and contrast them in how they use aesthetics to reflect narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment