Friday 25 October 2019

Character and Narrative: Researching Aesthetic

Character and Narrative
Researching Aesthetic and Style


  • Alongside some of the concept work I had been producing, I needed to research aesthetic and visuals for childrens' animation, such as how the animated style used in the 1930s was developed and influenced.
  • I made notes on my research and findings here:
    • Using Animation: The Global History, by Maureen Furniss, I was able to make detailed notes to help with my concept work.

    • The research helped to not only develop the initial narrative ideas to be then made into a storyboard, but it also helped for further research into the visual styles used in Disney, Fleischer Studios, Warner Bros. and the influences of physical and verbal comedy into animated shows.
Furniss, M. (2016). Animation: A Global History. New York: Thames and Hudson.

No comments:

Post a Comment