Sunday 28 February 2021

Professional Practise 3: Study Task 4 - Exit Strategy

 Professional Practise 3
Study Task 4 - Exit Strategy

  • For my exit strategy I have decided to create multiple to-do lists, where I have multiple options depending on the route I decide to take once I graduate. 
  • However, before I graduate I need to:
    • Finalise my portfolio.
    • Pay for a domain for my portfolio.
    • Explore all possible entry position roles I can apply for, through contacting professionals on LinkedIn and looking at studio careers pages.
    • Develop a 2021 show-reel of up to one minute of my best 2D animation
    • Continue to develop my drawing skills and illustration skills, by taking part in competitions and taking up commissions
    • Continue to regularly post to my Instagram and social-media
    • Explore with Joseph what we need to do to set-up our own freelance studio
    • Look into applying for self-employment on the Government website, if I choose to do this when I graduate.
    • Consider a price sheet for freelancing

  • After Graduation:
    • Freelance Career:
      • Finalise price sheet for freelancing work (commission-related)
      • Continue to develop own work in free-time
      • Work with Joseph on Fresh Egg Studio, taking on commissions and freelance work
      • Attain a part-time job straight after graduation.
      • Consider a local volunteering job post-graduation to help expand and develop my CV.
      • Explore Visa options and requirements for working over-seas.
    • Studio/Full-Time:
      • Apply for multiple entry-position roles at Studios
      • Inquire about internships
      • Apply for a part-time role if unable to attain an entry-position job in studio
      • Continue to develop portfolio
      • Volunteering to develop CV and portfolio
      • Continue commission work whilst applying for roles

  • In order to expand on my Exit Strategy Plan, I put together a quick chart to make it easier to read:


No comments:

Post a Comment