Friday 12 February 2021

Extended Practise: Final Film Inbetweens Progress 1

 Extended Practise
Final Film Inbetweening Start


  • This week:
    • I started inbetweening the shots I needed to do for my final film, Aviation Aggravaton.
  • What went well:
    • Rachel had keyframed Shots 1 and 3, which I needed to between. These two shots are more like held frames or "moving" stills, therefore I decided to between these two shots to add more life. In the first shot I made use of Toon Boom Harmonys' motion keys to help add movement to the characters. I, then, drew over some of the lines of the characters closest to the camera and added an ear flick on one of the characters, to make the scene feel less still. I think this worked really well. 
    • I needed to discuss the background with Joseph. After positioning the characters, I notified Joseph of some minor background adjustments, to make the shot perspective work better. He made minor changes to the background because of this.




    • I also worked on Shot 3. This shot shows Geoffrey's' ticking watch, so I added a slight jump of the clock hand as it ticks. I also drew over some frames of his wing, to make the shot feel less still.
    • Here are the final betweens:


  • What could be improved:
    • The characters in the first shot feel like they could be floating a bit, without the background or any colour in place. I will be revisiting this shot, once it has been coloured.
    • The wing could move slightly on Shot 3, as he wouldn't naturally hold it so still like that. This is something I will also revisit.
  • Next week:
    • I will be working on Shot 6 and Shot 9 inbetweening.

No comments:

Post a Comment