Friday 12 February 2021

Extended Practise: giffgaff Brief - Presentation and Entry

 Extended Practise
giffgaff D&AD Brief - Presentation and Final Entry

  • This week:
    • I put together the final submission for the giffgaff brief on D&AD!
  • What went well:
    • We managed to put together more than the brief had asked for, a storyboard, character sheets, backgrounds and a final animation. We wanted to submit this back in January, however the entries did not open until February 11th.
    • Here is the final presentation:


    • Here is evidence of our entry:

  • What could be improved:
    • I think that next time I would spend more time on the animation, so that the character stays more on model. 
    • We also ran into some problems with giffgaff's colour scheme and trying to keep the colours as bright as possible. This is something I need to look at in the future and how to keep the animation colours from compressing when editing the video and the ad banners.
    • Whilst I tried to keep the narrative simple, I think it could've been more ambitious and creative. As I was trying to keep to something simple, as I was the only person animating this, I think a more ambitious animation would stand out much more among other entries.


No comments:

Post a Comment