Friday 12 February 2021

Extended Practise: Kingdom of Masks - Scene 3 and 4 Clean Up and Colour

Extended Practise
Kingdom of Masks - Clean Up and Colour


  • This week:
    • I worked on the clean-up and colour for Scenes 3 and 4 for Khoa and Amys' project.
  • What went well:
    • Using apply line-work to colour art layer, I had learnt the process for colouring in Toon Boom Harmony and I was able to apply what I had learnt before for colouring this scene. I had to first clean up the lines applied to the colour-art layer by using the pencil tool, to make sure that lines were connected. I found out that the yellow squares indicated lines which were not connected/closed and the blue squares indicated closed lines. This is something I used to speed up the clean-up process, before I began colouring.


    • Using the RGB values provided by Khoa and Amy, I found the colouring process then very quick and easy. The way colouring in Toon Boom works allows for each colour to be specified in the colour palette, so if I needed to change a colour, it would change for the entirety of the animation, without me needing to recolour.
    • Here is the final coloured gif:


  • What could be improved:
    • In the future, I will need to be more careful for missing smaller sections of colour, as I had to go back into the file and find parts I had missed when I was colouring initially.
    • Ben also noted that the camera movement and background movement needs to be adjusted for this shot, so that the character feels less like he is floating.
  • Next week:
    • I will be working on the inbetweens for Scene 7 and Scene 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment