Wednesday 3 March 2021

Extended Practise: Final Film Inbetweens Progress 3

 Extended Practise 3
Final Film Inbetweens Progress 3


  • This week:
    • I worked on Shots 10, 14 and 15 for Aviation Aggravation.
  • What went well:
    • As these shots were mainly focused on smaller character movements and expressions, I was able to develop my skills in animating head and facial movements. I find it difficult sometimes to animate detailed movements, as these are much more subtle, but necessary to make the character feel believable. 
    • For example, the small frown before he turns his head back to the screen in Shot 10:
Shot 10 Inbetweens

    • As Shots 14 and 15 were keyframed together, I had to work a bit longer to get these inbetweened. I had a lot of fun using smear frames for this scene, as I had learnt a lot about using them before. I made use of them when he lifts his head up and also turns his head from side to side. It makes the movement feel smooth, despite there only being one frame between the two.
    • I struggled initially on the part where Geoffrey holds his laptop in panic, but when I included a smear frame and a slight bounce, it made the action feel better. 
    • We, then, had to use the Shake effect node for the camera, rather than animating the camera shake ourselves. This made it much more consistent.

Shot 14 and 15 without Shake/Camera Changes


Shots 14 and 15 Final Inbetweens

  • What could be improved:
    • I think the smile at the beginning of the shot could be much smoother, to feel more consistent with the rest of the shot. 
    • The timing of the actions could be a little better, as it rushes through. There should be some room for a pause, or holding his reaction more. This is something I'll need to think about next time I plan a project/storyboard and maybe flesh out the storyboard more, to consider the timings.
  • Next week:
    • I will be working on Shot 16 and 18.






No comments:

Post a Comment