Sunday 7 February 2021

Extended Practise - Kingdom of Masks Scene 2 Inbetweens

 Extended Practise
Kingdom of Masks - Scene 2 Inbetweens

  • This week:
    • I worked on the inbetweens for Scene 2 of Khoa and Amys' project.
  • What went well:
    • I think that I followed Emily's keyframes a lot better this time and I was able to add easing and arcs to the characters' motion. I also found that I was becoming more used to the character's design, meaning I was keeping on-model better with this animation, than my first tests. Here is the model sheet I will be following throughout the project:

    • Some things I kept in mind when animating this was the follow-through and overlapping animation of his cape and hair. This was tricky to do in some parts of the shot, as I needed to keep to the keyframes' poses.
    • It was also incredibly tricky to inbetween because of how small he is on-screen and how many lines there are (in his cape/shirt/trousers).

    • After showing this to the group, Khoa and Amy thought it moves too quickly and there should be some pauses from where he's sitting, to standing and looking around. This was something I then adjusted, without needing to add more frames.
    • I asked Khoa whether he wanted me to between it further (on 1s, rather than 2s) and he said that it felt smooth enough with just 2s, so I kept it to this!
  • What could be improved:
    • I think the ending where he turns is a little bit awkward. I would've added more frames/betweens without the limit of the shot time, however I did try to time it despite this. 
    • The lines wobble just a little bit, so I will need to keep this in mind when I inbetween the next shot and whether I am using the correct brush size/keeping close to the lines as possible. I think that maybe adding more betweens could've helped with this, also.
  • Next week:
    • I will be colouring Scenes 3 and 4.




No comments:

Post a Comment