Saturday 14 November 2020

Extended Practise: Giffgaff Brief - More Visual Research

 Extended Practise
Giffgaff Brief - More Visual Research

  • This week:
    • I worked on designing a final character for the giffgaff brief, whilst looking at their previous styles and campaigns.
  • What went well:
    • I explored giffgaff's previous campaigns and looked over their branding booklet, which is provided through the D&AD competition. I was able to note visual styles which they had used before and to help expand my own ideas.
    • In order to explore giffgaff's branding and previous campaigns, I made a short document, which explores some inspiration for the project.

    • This small part of visual research will help me to develop character ideas and a storyboard. I felt that this research was necessary to understand the brand's image and reputation, whilst also exploring something new. In order to understand what the brand hadn't done yet, I needed to know what it had already explored and published. 
    • I liked the idea of using the digital noise aesthetic as part of the background, which might work when I develop the storyboard and animatic.
  • What could be improved:
    • A lot of the brand's animated projects have been typography and motion graphics-based. This is something I need to keep in mind when developing my visual ideas, such as trying to stay with a more graphic-based style or try to incorporate more of their branding to explore this.
    • In order to understand what I need to produce visually, I will need to start developing characters and colour tests once the storyboards and animatic are completed.
  • Next week:
    • I will be developing characters and the storyboards.

No comments:

Post a Comment