Thursday 12 November 2020

Context of Practise 3: Model Sheets

 Context of Practise 3
Model Sheets

  • This week:
    • I finished some model sheets for Bertie, Sal and Mimo.

  • What went well:
    • I produced three model sheets, which allowed me to explore posing and character personalities, based upon my research looking at the model sheets for Mickey Mouse, Dr Delbert Doppler and Mabel Pines. Each of these model sheets were able to convey the character traits through posing and the line of action, therefore I wanted to approach this for the characters I had created.
    • I think that I explored each of the characters effectively for their traits and species. For example, using the eyebrows and ears of Bertie, I was able to convey a much more arrogant and crankier personality, whereas with Mimo, I posed him with his wings out-stretched or exposing his belly, in much less serious poses. I believe that I was also able to capture Sal's personality, as timid and shy, such as with the top pose of her being surprised by something and the bottom right pose of her crouching, looking around. The bottom left pose was meaning to illustrate her waving her paw, as though correcting someone- which was intended to convey her intelligent and inquisitive personality.
    • Here are the three sheets:


  • What could be improved:
    • I need to illustrate more poses to fully understand the character and explore the ways in-which they might move and express themselves. I will do this as a collection of sketches, prior to animating them. 
    • I additionally believe that it would be best for me to make a video or process video explaining my thoughts and reasoning behind animation choices. This will be something to think about in the next few weeks, similarly to the video essay I produced for COP last year.
  • Next week:
    • I will be continuing testing and producing animated roughs for each of the characters. 
    • I will record some references to help with the rough animations!



No comments:

Post a Comment