Sunday 29 November 2020

Extended Practise: Giffgaff Brief - Visual Exploration

 Extended Practise
Giffgaff Brief - Visual Exploration

  • This week:
    • After creating the storyboard and character designs, I wanted to create a visual board to explore the colours and branding of the animation.
  • What went well:
    • I explored the colour palette, the line width and the use of the "digital noise" provided by giffgaff.
    • I believe that the yellow background works really well and compliments the blue and white of the character. This allows the character to stand out more from the background, as the cool toned blue makes them pop. I additionally like the idea of using the green tone provided by giffgaff for the chair and table. I thought it worked well amongst the other colours, but I also believed it could play as a visual representation of the "green" ideology that giffgaff has in recycling your phones, or the idea that there is a lot of worth sitting around the desk, with the phones and gadgets. 
    • Here are some of the explorations I made:


    • I also considered using a "doodled" version of the website, as seen below and in the image at the top. As giffgaff has a strict policy on editing their logo, this could be a way to navigate around this. I will remove the "giffgaff" text from this logo, additionally, as the website layout is referenced from their website.



  • What could be improved:
    • As stated before, I will be removing the "giffgaff" text from the illustrated website, as it may infringe on their copy rules. I will have to double check their brief guidelines for this.
    • I believe that the green used for the desk and monitor could be broken down a little bit, with an additional pink or white used for the chair. You are allowed up to three colours in a scene, not including the skin colour, or black and white, so this will be doable. I will discuss this with Joseph.
  • Next week:
    • I will begin the keyframing for the animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment