Sunday 29 November 2020

Context of Practise 3: Sals Line Tests

 Context of Practise 3
Sal's Line Tests


  • This week:
    • I worked on the final test animations for Bertie, Sal and Mimo.
  • What went well:
    • My initial roughs for Sal didn't work exactly how I wanted them to, as it didn't portray her personality as well I wanted it to, therefore, I reworked them. I wanted to get her anxious personality across more, so I added small quirks, such as nibbling her paw and pushing her jumper up over her face, to hide herself and I think this worked much better.
Previous Test:

Improved Test:

    • I found this easier to line her head movement then, as I had roughed out her ear movement and paw movement in the roughs, which were solidified for the final tests. This also worked really well as it was something I had explored as an idea in her body language tests and also feeds into my research of character quirks and acting, so her body language felt more believable, as a response to a glass shattering.
    • I did find this more difficult than Berties', as it was harder to portray and anxious personality through her acting, however I think I was able to achieve this.


    • Again, to add a level of professionalism, I coloured, shaded and added the background to Sal's animation. The sound effects were also added in post.
  • What could be improved:
    • I think that the pacing of the animation could've been timed a little bit better, as each movement feels like they're happening at the same amount of time, rather than having some variation. This would've been fixed if I had more time to plan and storyboard this, but this is information I can use for my Extended Practise, that the pacing of the movements affects the acting and believability of the character.
    • I think that she would have benefitted from a full body movement, like I had previously noted with Berties. This is something I will now focus on for Mimo's animation.
    • Similarly to Berties animation, I think this could have been in-betweened more, to make the movement smoother.
  • Next time:
    • I will be finishing the animation for Mimo!

No comments:

Post a Comment