Sunday 8 November 2020

Extended Practise - giffgaff Brief Initial Ideas

 Extended Practise
giffgaff D&AD Brief Initial Ideas

  • This week:
    • I developed concepts and ideas for the giffgaff Brief for the D&AD competition
  • What went well:
    • I created a mind-map exploring initial ideas and concepts for how I could develop and illustrate this brief. They are asking for a 20 second TV Spot, a series of Instagram posts and a banner for the advertising campaign. They would like an animation showing how easy it is to sell your old phone through giffgaff, whilst also helping the environment. Some initial ideas I came up with are:
      • An advert set in space, with the earth sad, being piled up with phones
      • A neighbourhood, with people in their homes throwing their phones out onto a pile
      • Character types at computer and falls back through the floor, into a void, where they post the phones and fall back into their chair.
    • Here is my initial research and ideas:


    • As the ad is very short and the campaign is quite small, I needed to explore the best possible way to show their brand without producing too much. The 20 second advert is the most difficult part of this, however I did come up with some ideas:


  • What could be improved:
    • I need to understand how the branding and colour schemes would fit into the idea. I need to look over the brief again and reflect on whether this final idea best fits or whether I need to develop more.
    • I need to develop some visual concepts which would fit into the briefs' requirements.
  • Next week:
    • I'll be developing a script, storyboard and character concepts for this brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment