Tuesday 26 March 2019

Process and Production: Study Task 10

Process and Production 1
Study Task 10 Process: Run and Walk Cycles


After going through the animatic and adding in keyframes, I found the walk and run cycle animations the most difficult to time and space correctly, as they were at angles I had not used before. Using my side walk cycles as a reference on timing, I was able to recreate Meara's long stride, however I found the angle difficult. 



In order to improve on the movement from the specific angle, I used my MooM animation, to reference how the walk cycle looks from specific angles, as in Maya, I am able to move around the character. When animating this, I had Maya open at the same time, and then moved around the character when I needed the specific angle.



I hadn't previously made a run cycle, however I attempted this, using The Animators Survival Kit, by Richard Williams and The Illusion of Life by Frank Thomas. Despite this, a lot of my run cycle was trial and error and using a reference. I found that there should be one frame where both feet are off the ground, to produce an effective run.



No comments:

Post a Comment