Tuesday 26 March 2019

Process and Production: Study Task 10

Process and Production 1
Study Task 10 Process: Adding Weight

One of the shots wasn't going how I wanted it to, in terms of the animation. I was struggling to get the timing right in order to add more weight to the character and it was a complicated movement, which required using real-life referencing. I wanted it to appear that Meara found it easy to lift her body up onto the window-sill, whilst still containing some weight on her right arm. When I first did this, there seemed to be too much of a pause or stutter in the movement.



In order to improve, I asked someone else to look at the animation and help give pointers in how I could change it. They suggested possibly removing one of the frames where she is in the air, so it appears less that she almost "floats". After doing so, I had to adjust the timing, but this appeared to fix the issue I originally had.


No comments:

Post a Comment